The school's history

Interesting facts about our school:

  1. The school was officially opened in 1951.
  2. It was built from a design which was intended to be used for a military hospital for soldiers to be treated in if they were injured.
  3. Mr T. Northway was the original Headteacher.
  4. The grounds used to be surrounded by fields and there were occasions where the children would see cows wandering around in the corridor.
  5. The school was designed to take 320 children aged from 5-11 years old.

We have the log books (diaries kept by the Headteachers of the school) dating from 1951.  They are full of interesting information about past events within the school.