Free School Meals
In order to receive free school meals (FSM) your child must attend a primary or secondary school in Torbay. If you have a child at nursery, they can receive FSM as long as they attend both the morning and afternoon sessions.
Parents/guardians who receive any of the following benefits are entitled to FSM:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (Income based)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit without Working Tax Credit and with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than £16,190
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit run on only
If you have recently become unemployed but are still receiving Working Tax Credits, you may be entitled to Free School Meals during your run on period.
Click on the icon below to apply online.
What will happen next?
- They will check your claim.
- If you are entitled, they will let you and the school know, usually within 5-10 school days and tell you the start date for free meals
- If your claim is not successful at this stage, they will let you know: If you still believe you are entitled, please call 01803 208244 for advice. They may need you to send us documentary evidence of a qualifying benefit in this circumstance.